If you have visited my blog before or follow me on instagram, you’ll know how much I love baking my shortbreads/eggless sugar cookies [Gingerbread cookies also linked here]. One thing I have realised though through baking a lot of the eggless cookies over the last year is that the dough is more difficult to work with as it doesn’t contain egg as the binding agent. So I decided to have a go at a slightly different version of my sugar cookies, this time with eggs. I have to say this easy sugar cookie recipe recipe worked perfectly and the shape and taste both turned out really well, also the dough is super easy to work with which was very important with this experiment, so I decided to share it on here for you guys as well as for me to refer back to 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED
100 gm butter
70 gm caster sugar
225 gm plain flour
2 tbsp vanilla extract
WHAT TO DO
- Pre heat oven to 180 degree Fan setting
- Cream the butter and the sugar until pale and fluffy. Then lightly whisk the egg and add the vanilla.
- Work in the sifted flour and knead lightly into a ball. Roll out 5 mm thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes of your choice and lift with a flat spatula to place on a baking tray. Feel free to add a little bit more flour if the dough is not firm, alternatively wrap the dough in cling film and leave it in the fridge for 15 minutes before rolling it.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 15 minutes or longer if you want it to be as crispy as a biscuit.
- Cool on a wire rack and decorate as needed.
Do leave me a comment if you try this recipe, enjoy baking.