I am slowly running out of ideas to keep my two year old busy but one of my sure shot ways is baking and mummy and Ella both love baking so it is a bit of a treat for both of us. But as staying at home is more important that going to the shop to get the necessary baking ingredients I usually turn to the simple recipes that need only the basic ingredients I can find in my pantry. So here’s a very simple sugar cookie recipe that is not only easy to make but also super yummy.
WHAT YOU NEED
100 gm butter
50 gm caster sugar
175 gm plain flour
WHAT TO DO
- Pre heat oven to 180 degree Fan setting
- Cream the butter and the sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Work in the sifted flour and knead lightly into a ball. Roll out 5 mm thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes of your choice and lift with a flat spatula to place on a baking tray. Remember the dough does not have eggs so needs to be handled gently.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 10 minutes or longer if you want it to be as crispy as a biscuit.
- Cool on a wire rack and decorate as needed.
Do leave me a comment if you try this recipe, enjoy baking.