So last night I made some banana bread with the sole intention of rescuing some bananas, I posted about it on Instagram and so many of you messaged me for the recipe. I have shared the recipe that inspired me with some of you but here’s exactly what I use and it turns out so well each time.
110 ml Vegetable Oil
200 gm Caster Sugar
2 large eggs
240 gm Self Raising Flour
1 tsp of Bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
3 large bananas that need rescuing
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Get your baking tin ready, I normally use a tin lined with baking paper.
3. Cream the sugar and the vegetable oil in a bowl with a hand held mixer until light and pale. I use vegetable oil as it adds that extra moisture to the cake.
4. Next in a separate dish sieve the flour and the bicarbonate of soda and set aside.
5. Add in one egg and a little flour and mix to your mixture of oil and sugar mix well and repeat with the other egg and the rest of flour mix until everything is mixed through and smooth.
6. Next put in the bananas and mash them with the back of a fork. Add them to the bowl with the vanilla extract and mix through.
7. Pour the mix into your baking dish and put in the oven for 50 minutes. I usually put some crushed walnuts on the top before putting the dish in the oven as I really like the two flavours together.
You can cover it with tinfoil after 25 minutes to stop it browning too much on top. It is such an easy and foolproof recipe and above all it saves the bananas from going in the bin.
Hope you bake this banana bread soon and if you do then please do leave me a comment!