I think that my love for baking and trying different cakes is never going to cease, in fact my husband is now thoroughly bored of my cake-talks and plans, nonetheless he has to listen and eat and ENJOY!! haha
So last few weeks I have been looking to explore an unexplored territory of CHEESECAKES…. When I started looking for cheesecake ideas on the internet I was not only overwhelmed by the number of recipes available but also by the fact that things I thought were simple can be so very complicated to make, so I decided to try and create something that is Simple & Scrumptious and also Suitable for beginners who are not ready to take the big plunge just yet! 🙂
–You will need-
250 gms of Digestive Biscuits
100 gm of unsalted Butter
1 tbsp vanilla essence
300 gm of soft cheese
300 ml of double cream
100 gm Icing Sugar
For the Topping:
250 gm fresh strawberries
4 tbsp of strawberry jam
-Let’s make it-
1. To make the base place the biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to fine crumbs, add melted butter, mix well and press it firmly down on a 23 cm lose bottom cake tin which has a base of baking paper on it and place it in the fridge while you prepare the rest.
2. Whip the cream cheese with the icing sugar and place in a separate bowl, then whip the double cream with vanilla essence until you see soft peaks. Mix the two together.
3. Now spoon the mixture on the biscuit base .
4. Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
5. To serve remove from cake tin, add a layer of strawberry jam and decorate with fresh cut strawberries before serving.
It is a very simple, quick and yummy recipe so when you’ve tried it, leave me a comment 🙂